Today is officially our last day of the 2014-2015 school year!! While there are a lot of seasons that make the lives of two educators very hectic, we really do enjoy having some time off in the summer.
Our summers usually kick off with family vacations and then the rest of it is pretty low-key. This year, I want to make a conscious effort to get some things checked off the list and make some memories. My focus is to get better organized and throw out all the crap that we accumulate but don’t really need. After all, next summer will be a little different!
1. Switch the bedrooms. We currently have an office and guest bedroom but we’ll have to do some rearranging and move the office entirely to the kitchen. We have some major clean-out and organizing to do in the office. MAJOR.
2. Minor-league baseball games. We have a local team and I want to go see the new ballpark in uptown Charlotte. Thirsty Thursday, anyone? #ohwait
3. Organize. My house needs a major overhaul and it’s getting it this summer. I’m tossing things we don’t need or don’t use, finding a place for the things we do use on a regular basis. Dollar Tree, I’m coming for you and all your inexpensive storage solutions. This is my big focus of the summer.
4. Day trips. We’ve talked about doing a couple of day trips this summer but haven’t made any decisions yet. Any good suggestions?
5. Baby registry. I’ve done a very minimal amount of research but I need to start getting a list together.
6. Lake days. Or lake evenings. We’re not picky! Who wants to come hang out with us?
What do you have planned this summer?